The new Beowulf Missionmaker, built in Unity, is scheduled for commercial release in WINTER 2017.
- Designed in Unity by University College London’s Knowledge Lab and the DARE research centre
- Make impressive 3-D games rapidly
- Programme rules using Boolean logic
- Learn about game design – link to Media Studies
- Link to Beowulf and the English curriculum – make interactive narratives
- Ideal for Key Stage 3 and above – has been trialled at KS 2 also.
Here’s a video capture of a demonstration game using the final version available for free trial and sale. Contact Andrew Burn – email@example.com – with enquiries.
The following video shows the process of making a game in Missionmaker Beowulf, followed by a video capture of the game. The final section shows the complementary tool for generating new characters, which can be imported into Missionmaker; and also player characters, to make third person games.
MORE ABOUT MISSIONMAKER BEOWULF
There is more information about Missionmaker on Andrew Burn’s website. For more information about the Beowulf project, or to join the beta testing group, contact Andrew Burn.
Below you can see a Missionmaker Beowulf game made by two UCL students.